I read the Russian economist's theory on the collapse of the US. Of the options available, I'd move to the the Texas Republic. It would have a good port in Houston, oil, farm land, coal, and people that love independence (and guns). I don't see Texas as being enveloped by Mexico, but protecting it borders and creating a solid Tex-Mex relationship. As much as I love Georgia, I don't think I could enjoy living in a Euro-Liberal east coast society.
So, to further my appreciation for Texas, they come out and claim their sovereignty in protest to an oppressive and unconstitutional federal government under the 10th amendment. I was wondering when someone was going to point out that the Constitution does not state that the President can fire the CEO of a major company, purchase toxic assets with taxpayer funds, or manipulate private lending practices. The states have been slowly losing power to the federal government and I suppose it is about time that they begin to claw back. The Federal government's ability to withhold federal funding pending the passage of state legislation basically makes each state subject to the will of the controlling party in Washington.
America was founded on not putting up with bullshit. It was originally inhabited by people sick of religious persecution, established by people tired of being told what to do by an oppressive and distant government, and purposely created a society where you are not stuck in the class that you are born into. Finally, somebody stepped up and said they were sick of the bullshit, luckily it is Texas and they aren't the type to be content with delegation and may actually get some action.
I really wish more states would take their lead... but I'm afraid the collective gonads of the other 49 states don't add up to those of Texas.
ReplyDeleteI think my representatives need to hear from me... again...