Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hal Davis for Foresight Czar

Since no one else in Washington is willing, I am throwing my name in the hat to be appointed to the post of Foresight Czar. Does no one think forward or criticize decisions before they are made?

Yesterday, the FAA flew a photo op mission over Manhattan. A low altitude flyby over the Statue of Liberty, which requires a Air Force One to buzz the tower. I'm sure there were tons of unreported coffee spills in addition to all the reports of buildings being evacuated, shaken nerves at least, and basically a reminder of the last thing this country needs.





So, how many people saw this and thought that it would not be an issue? Based on how I think the Federal Government runs, I'd say at least 50 people knew about this. They say that they told local authorities, but local authorities say they weren't notified or were told on Thursday and directed not to release to the public. Why would this not be distributed to the public? What possible advantage does that give the photo opportunity? Let's get some risk analysis going in Washington. Maybe even a copy of photoshop and save the tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars that this exercise cost, not to mention avoiding the general looking stupid as a government.

I guess we'll find out if it is actually possible to get fired from a government job.

1 comment:

  1. My question is... why is no one complaining about how much money it costs to fly Air Force One around New York for 30 min for a photo op? America is brown-bagging it and saving their dimes and the government is spending jet fuel on a photo shoot?

    ReplyDelete